Help with Drug Costs
Information about Low Income Subsidy (LIS or Extra Help), EPIC/V-Pharm, and the Veteran's Administration.
Low Income Subsidy ("Extra Help")
Medicare provides "Extra Help" to help pay for prescription drug costs for Medicare eligible members who meet specific income and resource requirements.
To see if you qualify, call:
• Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), 24 hours a day (TTY 1-877-486-2048)
• Social Security Administration Office at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
• Your state Medicaid Office
If you have both Medicare and Medicaid, you automatically qualify for Extra Help.
MVP follows Medicare's Best Available Evidence policy to determine your eligibility for extra help paying for your prescription drug costs. For more information on BAE visit Medicare's Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
You may be eligible for help from the state with paying for drug coverage. This program may help you with the costs of your prescription drugs and your plan premium.
To qualify, you:
• Must be eligible for or already enrolled in Medicare Part D
• Must live in New York State for EPIC or in Vermont for VPharm
• Must meet age requirements
• Must meet income requirements
To learn about possible help with Part D coverage:
New York: EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage)
1-800-332-3742 (TTY 1-800-290-9138)
Visit the New York State EPIC website
Vermont: VPharm (Vermont Prescription Assistance)
Visit the State of Vermont Green Mountain Care website
Veterans Administration (VA) Coverage
VA benefits can work together with your MVP Medicare Advantage plan. If you qualify for prescription drug benefits through the VA, you may be able to save money on your prescriptions. Call your local VA for more information.
Last updated: October 1, 2018