Medicare Advantage Plans - Live Well
Health & Wellness Programs
When it comes to your health and well-being, consider MVP a valuable asset and partner. We offer many programs and resources to support your health and wellness goals. Many of our plans include these added benefits at no added cost to you! And when you take advantage of these free and confidential programs, you and MVP work together to help keep health care costs down.
Earn a $75 reward for staying current with yearly exams, tests and screenings.
Learn more about Wellness Rewards
Enjoy a gym membership with access to as many locations as you like, nationwide, classes for all fitness levels, and on-demand, online resources.
Learn more about SilverSneakers
Find a participating fitness location near you.
Living Well Classes & Activities
The MVP Medicare Community Health Promotion team provides wellness education programs and movement classes throughout the communities we serve, designed to help participants gain awareness, motivation, and skills to improve their health.
Learn more about Living Well Classes & Activities
Matrix Medical Home Visits
You may qualify to receive a free Matrix Medical home visit. A nurse practitioner will make a house call to evaluate your current health in the comfort of your own home. A family member or friend can be present if you wish. Studies show that MVP members who take advantage of these home visits:
Have lower medical expenses.
● Have fewer hospital admissions.
● Feel more informed and in charge of their health.
● Are more satisfied with their health plan.
The in-home visit doesnt take the place of seeing your primary care doctor. Rather, it enhances your overall health care. And by taking action now to prevent health issues later, you and MVP are working to keep health care costs down.
Health and Care Management Programs
Managing an ongoing medical condition sometimes takes an extra hand. Our team of health care professionals can help. MVP Health Care offers innovative solutions to members who need guidance and support to improve their chronic health conditions.
Learn more about our Health and Care Management Programs
24/7 Nurse Advice Line
Call the Nurse Advice Line anytime day or night for answers to your health questions. Youll speak with a nurse who can help you (especially when your doctors office is closed) with issues such as:
● Answers to what do I do if health questions.
● Finding information and resources about prevention and wellness, treatments, chronic conditions, and other health topics or concerns.
You can also listen to selections from an audio library of more than 400 pre-recorded messages on general health topics, designed to help you make informed health decisions. Call the 24/7 Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-204-4712.
Living Well Toolkit
● Falls are not accidents. A fall is a predictable and preventable event. Take the necessary steps to reduce your risk of falling.
● Do everything you can to maintain your health and stay well with this personal health tracker for recording doctor visits, tests, medications and contact information. Includes tips for keeping a good handle on your health.
● If you are planning a hospital stay, it is important to be prepared not only before your visit, but when you are ready to come home. MVP has tips and resources to help with a smooth transition from hospital to home.
Planning a Hospital Stay
Successful Hospital-to-Home Planning
● Keep your bones strong! Good health habits and preventive screenings can help reduce your risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
● Guide to Preventive Health Care - MVP Health Care believes its worth taking time to maintain your personal health now and prevent future health problems later. We offer ways to help you make preventive health care part of your daily life. As you choose a healthy lifestyle and work with your doctor to develop a plan, MVP supports you every step of the way.
Read more in our Guide to Preventive Health Care
● Quick and easy interactive tools, like a Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator, that can help you evaluate your health and lifestyle.
Health Tools & Calculators
● Find health information by topic, a symptom checker, as well as decision tools to help you with surgery, medical tests and medications.
● Educational guidelines that MVP provides to doctors and other health professionals to help with good medical care to benefit our members.
Quality Improvement Manual
Last updated: October 1, 2018