Medicare Plan Quality Ratings
MVP Health Care's Medicare Advantage plans are highly-rated by Medicare. MVP also has been named "Best Insurance Company for Medicare Advantage" by U.S. News and World Report. This is a reflection of our commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
MVP's HMO-POS and PPO plans are rated 4.5 out of 5 Stars overall by Medicare
MVP Health Care's Medicare Advantage plans have once again received an overall 4.5 Star rating for 2019! This strong ranking marks the eighth consecutive year that MVP's Medicare Advantage plans have been rated between Excellent (five stars) and Very Good (four stars) on the CMS scale.
Each year the Federal Medicare program rates Medicare health plans across the country to provide you with an objective way to compare Medicare health plans in your area on overall quality and service. When rating plans, Medicare takes many things into account, such as:
• Member satisfaction with MVP and their doctors
• Customer service
• How we help members stay healthy with screenings, tests, wellness programs, and more
• The care members receive for chronic (long-term) health conditions
• Patient safety such as helping members use recommended and safe prescription medications
For details on the 2019 Star ratings for each of MVP's Medicare Advantage plans, click on the links below:
• GoldValue with Part D (HMO-POS), GoldSecure with Part D (HMO-POS), and Preferred Gold with and without Part D (HMO-POS)
• GoldValue con Parte D (HMO-POS), GoldSecure con Parte D (HMO-POS), and Preferred Gold con y sin Parte D (HMO-POS)
• Gold PPO with Part D (PPO) and BasiCare with Part D (PPO) and WellSelect with Part D (PPO)
• Gold PPO con Parte D (PPO), BasiCare con Parte D (PPO), and WellSelect con Parte D (PPO)
• SmartFund (MSA)
The Federal Medicare program is administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a branch of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Learn more about Star ratings or refer to the Medicare & You 2019 handbook.
MVP named a "Best Insurance Company for Medicare Advantage" by U.S. News & World Report
Considered a global authority in health care rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized MVP as a "Best Insurance Company for Medicare Advantage", based on our consistently high ratings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
Last updated: November 14, 2018